- Day 1 - Saturday 11th - Depart UK
- Day 2 - Sunday 12th - Arrive Sydney.
- Day 3 - Monday 13th - Sydney.
- Day 4 - Tuesday 14th - Blue Mountains.
- Day 5 - Wednesday 15th - Blue Mountains.
- Day 6 - Thursday 16th - Blue Mountains,
- Day 7 - Friday 17th - Sydney.
- Day 8 - Saturday 18th - Fly to Hobart.
- Day 9 - Sunday 19th - Spend the day picking up food, gas, and any other equipment.
- Day 10 - Monday 20th - Travel to Launceston for an overnight stay.
- Day 11 - Tuesday 21st - Early bus trip to the start of the walk. Ronny Creek to Waterfall Valley Hut (10km)
- Day 12 - Wednesday 22nd - Waterfall Valley Hut to Windermere Hut (7.75km), with a side trip to Lake Will.
- Day 13 - Thursday 23rd - Windermere Hut to New Pelion Hut (16.75km)
- Day 14 - Friday 24th - New Pelion hut to Kia Ora Hut (9km), with a side trip to Mt. Ossa, Tasmania's highest mountain.
- Day 15 - Saturday 25th - CHRISTMAS DAY: Kia Ora Hut to Bert Nichols Hut (10km)
- Day 16 - Sunday 26th - BOXING DAY: Bert Nichols Hut to Narcissus Bay (9km), then catch the ferry and make our way by bus back to Hobart.
- Day 17 - Monday 27th - Hobart.
- Day 18 - Tuesday 28th- Hobart - Day trip to Port Arthur.
- Day 19 - Wednesday 29th - Fly to Sydney.
- Day 20 - Thursday 30th - Depart Sydney.
- Day 21 - Friday 31st - Arrive UK .
Monday, 11 January 2010
Overland Track - An Itinerary
As I patiently wait for flights to become available for a trip so far ahead, this is the itinerary I have come up with for the Overland Track. I've decided on a December 2010 departure. The aim is also to try and fit in some bushwalking in the Blue Mountains;