It's good to have a definite date now, and something to work to. Before, there were plenty of moments where I seriously considered the expense of attempting the trek, but it has always been in the back of my mind, so better to say "sod it" and make the move towards realisation.
So now, the itinerary looks like this for April 2011;
- Saturday 9th: Depart Heathrow
- Sunday 10th: Arrive Sydney
- Tuesday 12th: Fly from Sydney to Launceston
- Thursday 14th: Overland Track - Day 1: Bus to the start, Ronny Creek to Waterfall Valley Hut (10km).
- Friday 15th: Overland Track - Day 2: Waterfall Valley Hut to Windermere Hut (7.75km)
- Saturday 16th: Overland Track - Day 3: Windermere Hut to New Pelion Hut (16.75km)
- Sunday 17th: Overland Track - Day 4: New Pelion Hut to Kia Ora Hut (9km)
- Monday 18th: Overland Track - Day 5: Kia Ora Hut to Bert Nichols Hut (10km)
- Tuesday 19th: Overland Track - Day 6: Bert Nichols Hut to Narcissus Hut (9km)
- Wednesday 20th: Overland Track - Day 7: Lake St. Clair Ferry and bus to Launceston.
- Thursday 21st: Fly from Launceston to Sydney
- Monday 25th: Depart Sydney
- Tuesday 26th: Arrive Heathrow